Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hello!

Hello! A lot has changed since I last blogged. I am now the band director in our school district. I am teaching instrumental music for grades 5-12 at two schools! We are 3 football games away from the end of the season and are currently preparing for a Halloween concert for our elementary school.

My last blog post was in March and I interviewed and got the job in April. From then on, everything has been a blur! We had auditions, summer music rehearsals, car washes, guard camp, percussion camp, drill writing, band camp, football games, parades, pep rallies, and fundraisers.

Even though I love teaching band, I am missing my elementary music duties. We always had so much fun in the elementary music classroom! Going through the comments waiting and reading your comments has made me a bit nostalgic.

I received a call yesterday from a fellow music teacher and blogger asking about ukuleles and I realized, "Oh my gosh, my blog!" I feel terrible that I have neglected everything :( Now that marching band and football season are over, I will do better (I will also change the settings so that blogger emails me when I have comments waiting...I'm sorry!!)

This summer, we are looking at moving schools and I may be back to the general music world :) but until then, I will check in more regularly and stay more up on emailing you all back.

Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment