Friday, January 11, 2013

Recorder Olympics Wall

School just started back this week! I missed my recorder kids! I told them about Recorder Olympics before the winter break and that was the first thing they were asking me about this week! We are spending the first weeks back reviewing rhythms and note names as well as basic recorder skills, then we are starting our games.

Here is a pictures of the wall I created in my classroom to keep track of who has completed each event.


Each event has a paper with each class listed. When an event is passed off, I can record their names under the appropriate class.

I made the streamers out of plastic table cloths (.97 at Walmart). These also work well for dancing ribbons. I found the dangling stars in the party aisle (3 pack for .97) and my lucky find was the Team USA stickers in the clearance aisle. Originally 4.97, I picked these up for .97! The stars are post it notes and I made the poster in the center. I also made the medals out of construction paper and reused some red, white, and blue ribbon.  All together, I have about 6 bucks in this wall.

1 comment:

  1. This year, we are passing off a G song, an A song, Hot Cross Buns, rhythm patterns, Mary Had A Little Lamb and a C scale! We are also having a competition to see who is the fastest note namer in 4th grade.

    ReplyDelete