Thursday, August 9, 2012

Standards of Learning

 Today, while sitting in a meeting about the new Virginia teacher evaluation system, I had a creative moment. I realized that, just like in Tennessee, I will post the national standards for music education in my room. I also decided that I would make a specific board just for the standard that is covered each day.

I wanted it to be dry erase so I laminated two poster boards, put a cute polka dot tape around the edges and applied wall decal stickers. I bought some special "teacher only" dry erase markers in cute colors that matched perfectly!

National Standards for Music Education
Poster for daily standards met during lesson


2 comments:

  1. Cassie, Tell me how can you laminate 2 poster boards? Are school laminating machines large enough for one at a time?? love the idea.
    de7inhim@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laminated these boards on the school laminating machine. It was plenty big enough. If yours isn't, you could try Office Depot/Max/Kinkos. I've also found that the colored markers don't erase as well on laminated boards. You have to really scrub if you use a color.

      Delete